Circle Contact Lenses
Circle lenses, also known as Big Eye Contact lenses are generally cosmetic lenses used to increase the diameter of the iris making the eyes appear larger. These circular lenses are gaining wide acceptance and popularity in Asian countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Japan. Circle Lenses were made popular by K-pop artists like Hyuna, Krystal, Suzy and Girl Generation. These awesome lenses are used as a Plano (without grade) in 40% of users, meaning purely aesthetic without prescription grades in the circular lenses.
Circle lenses vs. Colored Contacts
The main difference between circle contact lenses and colored contact lenses is that circle lenses has a dark colored rim that extends the border of the iris making the natural diameter larger. This extension of the iris pigment will consequently make the eyes look large and beautiful. While colored contact lenses are usually available in 14 mm diameters, circle contact lenses are usually larger and offered in the following sizes 14 mm, 14.2mm, 14.5 mm, 14.7 mm and 15 mm. The circular rim beyond the iris color in colored contacts is generally transparent while colored in circle lenses. Common contact lenses have only 2 to 3 color hue combination while circle contacts may have colors up to 8 hues per pair. There are generally more color combinations available with circle lenses that could reach more than 850 color mixes than the standard contact lenses.
Right Color for Circle Lenses
If you want those eyes that stand above the rest, choose the right color for your eyes before purchasing circle lenses. The following is some of the considerations in choosing the right colors for circle lenses:
1. People with dark skin tone should select bright colors for their circular lenses so that the eyes could be more noticeable.
2. One should match hair, skin or natural eye color with red to blue undertones to circular lenses with warmer colors such as brown.
3. Colored circle lenses should use shades which must always stand out over makeup. Be able to mix and match makeup color with eye color to reach that desired combinations but giving more emphasis in the eye color.
4. Vivid colors like blue, green and violet can accentuate eye colors that are naturally brown.
5. For those on the conservative side, they could choose subtle colors that only change the eye shades naturally.
6. Warmer colors like hazel are best used with naturally brown eye colors.
7. For natural blue colored eyes, shades of grey or green circle lenses are the best options.
8. For those who do not want to change their eye colors, enhancement tints are available to extend and define the edges of the iris without changing the eye colors.
Other Important Points
There are other important points to consider in choosing circle contact lenses which should also be given due considerations. Each circle lens designs have a specific diameter and a circular ring in the outer rim called the “limbal ring”. One must consider that the limbal ring also contribute to the enlarging effect of the eye, thus its best to consider both factors rather than relying in sheer diameter size or length only. The normal lifespan of circular lenses is 9 to 12 months, any product that reaches this point or beyond are safely labeled as durable in quality. People usually tolerate continuous lens usage from 6 to 8 hours without discomfort. It is important that any signs and symptoms of tiring eyes within 6 hours while using circle lenses must be a cause of alarm and must prompt the user to visit their eye doctors at once.
Comments will be approved before showing up.